Two types of caustic people exist in this world – the weak and the wicked. A fundamental difference between the two is the weak mostly wound themselves and their close relations, whereas the wicked strategize to destroy others. The weak know their wrongs and the resulting harm, yet they are compelled to continue their actions due to addictions. However, they also confess their wrongs without defending their actions.
Contrarily, the wicked design systematic propaganda to ensue havoc and disruption in society. They will perfectly articulate various illogical arguments to slander any good. Moreover, the same people will equivocate non-existent glories of evil characters and adharmik personalities.
The following is a list of some aberrations that are commonly broadcasted in the disposition of blaspheming that which is worthy of praising:
· Sri Rama was evil for abandoning Sita.
· Krishna was an instigator for the massively destructive war as He was not sincere when asking for five villages to try and prevent the battle.
· Pandavas won the war using deception.
· Arjuna was covetous and killed Karna using unfair means.
· Kunti abandoned baby Karna for selfish reasons.
· Draupadi wronged Karna by refusing to marry him stating he is a suta.
· Draupadi regretted her marriage with the Pandavas and in actuality wanted to wed Karna.
· Shivaji was a misguided patriot.
· Because Rana’s clan harassed the Rajputs, they collaborated against him with Akbar the great.
· The downfall of the Vijaya Nagar kings was due to their arrogant disunity which allowed the united Muslim kings to destroy them.
· The British rule was facilitated by the Indian kings; there is no need to find faults with outsiders.
Additionally, wicked personalities frequently commend those which have earned disdain:
· Duryodhana’s environment forced him to act; he was simply a victim of his surroundings.
· Poor Karna was mistreated and helplessly rejected by Draupadi for marriage and these factors drove his outburst to disrobe her during the gambling match.
· Dushashana was purely being loyal to his brother when carrying out actions that are normally considered inacceptable.
· Ravana never raped women; the proof is that he did not violate Sita.
· The British essentially did a favour towards India by establishing rail transport, higher education, the English language and modernity.
· Arabs, Persians and the Mughals added diversity and culture to the Indian subcontinent. Yes, they may have broken a few temples here and there, but it was not due to religious intolerance. The proof is that many temples still exist, if they wanted to, they could have razed every single temple with their power…etc. etc.
These statements by no means signify a reality of facts, but more a reality of corrupted attitudes. Even in the Mahabharata, Shishupala exhibited a similar destructive mood. He could not tolerate the Agra puja (first puja) of Sri Krishna during the Rajasuya sacrifice by Yudhishthira Maharaja. Therefore, Shishupala blasphemed Sri Krishna by hurling abusive words at the Lord.
Shishupala did not deny the events in Sri Krishna’s life as described by Bhisma, yet he saw them from an entirely delusional perspective. According to his misbeliefs, it was Sri Krishna that kidnapped Rukmini and her distaste towards marrying Sisupala was not an influence in that incident. Similarly, Sri Krishna did not lift any hills; he just picked up a mound of mud. Moreover, Krishna deceitfully killed Kamsa – even though it was Kamsa who had organized the event to kill Krishna! Even the event of Sri Krishna killing the monstrous serpent Kaliya was minimized to the Lord killing a mere water snake. Naturally, when Shishupala eventually crossed his limits, he was eliminated.
This ugly legacy of Shishupala fervently continues till date. Why do they do it? Are they ignorant or arrogant? Are they bought out to speak such vicious lies? Who are they? There are certainly a multitude of reasons for what they do and why they do it. However, fundamentally, they all have Shishupala’s mentality of slandering the good and uplifting evil.